Saturday, June 5, 2010

Case# 027


Case# 027

Snack: Meiji Karu "Ukaru" snack Katsu Sauce flavor

Rating


Packaging: 8/10
Taste relating to flavor claim: 5/10
Creativity: 6/10
Overall Taste: 6/10
Score: 25/40

The Karu line of snacks is simple: Make cheese snacks that taste awesome and leave compounded snack bits in your molers. I get it, I am cool with it. But here they made a wrong choice. About the only thing right is the awesome bag with "Karl" freaky happy about the new year and waving his holy stick of magical spirit paper. Even his frog buddy is hitting it on this one.

The taste is what got me, it's not katsu sauce. I know katsu sauce. I eat katsu alot, I got the sauce at home; shit, I can see it on the shelf RIGHT NOW. If I can have that kind of proximity, Meiji's gotta have a clue.

As I tossed some in my mouth I was greeted with the familiar sawdust crunch, then a bad case of the what the fucks as I tried to digest this brash imposter. I know the new year brings new ideas and experimentation but damn, leave that to all the new freshmen university students.

No comments:

Post a Comment